Green Building Practices
At Van Hoose Construction we understand the importance of constructing through sustainable practices. We specialize in providing environmentally responsible solutions that are designed to reduce the overall impact on human health and the natural environment. Green building practices complement and expand building design concerns of economy, durability, comfort and utility.
We use a combination of technologies appropriate for your project in order to leave a lighter footprint on the environment and help to reduce costs over the life cycle of your building. We specialize in:
- Water conservation practices, including water-efficient appliances and landscaping and irrigation
- Low-E Glass to reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than traditional windows
- Daylight harvesting techniques including skylights and SunLite Strip™ to reduce need for electric lighting
- Natural and sustainable building materials
- White or reflective roofing to reduce building heat-gain
- Geothermal heat pumps and heating and cooling systems
Geothermal Heating Systems
Geothermal heating is the direct use of earth’s natural geothermal energy for heating and cooling applications. Van Hoose Construction has an enormous wealth of experience in designing and installing geothermal heating and cooling systems. Our clients appreciate the utility savings and tax credits and rebates, and in most cases the geothermal systems we install pay for themselves in the first year of operation.
Jeff Van Hoose is one of the area’s leading experts on geothermal heating and cooling and teaches regular courses on geothermal construction across the United States.